(OK, I actually read this book a couple days ago but forgot to write a review…)
- I would say I give it five stars except I give every book I read five stars so it won’t count.
- This post is honestly less of a review and more of me fangirling but meh.
‘Zeus has punished his son Apollo–god of the sun, music, archery, poetry, and more–by casting him down to earth in the form of a gawky, acne-covered sixteen-year-old mortal named Lester. The only way Apollo can reclaim his rightful place on Mount Olympus is by restoring several Oracles that have gone dark. What is affecting the Oracles, and how can Apollo/Lester do anything about them without his powers? After experiencing a series of dangerous–and frankly, humiliating–trials at Camp Half-Blood, Lester must now leave the relative safety of the demigod training ground and embark on a hair-raising journey across North America’
Apollo tries to ‘find the most dangerous oracle from ancient times who may hold the answers he needs to return to Mount Olympus’ but is not able to as his bloodthirsty ex-boyfriend is back from the dead and wants to kill him.
Things To Note:
- Meg Mccaffrey is scary good with a sword.
- Meg Mccaffrey must be protected at all costs. End of discussion.
- Things Emmie and Jo deserve: Eternal happiness with their child.
Things Emmie and Jo do NOT deserve: Jerk empires kidnapping their child.
- ‘I chopped these onions
With my own ex-godly hands
You’d better eat them’
I showed this haiku to my mom and she said she related with it on a spiritual level.
- Apollo is a precious dork… just thought I should put that out there.
- That part where Emmie says that anyone who is under their roof is welcome to be a part of their family for one day or forever and Lit starts crying was the part that weakened me. After I stopped crying and carried on reading the book, I began to cry for every minor sad part.
- All time favourite quote- “Seekest thou the choo-choo”. I don’t know why I found it as funny as I did. I laughed so much I literally fell off the bed.
- The whole Artemis indirectly helping Apollo thing. They are sibling goals, do you understand me? I NEED Artemis in the next book!
- Thalia Grace is baaaaaaaack!
- The Sssssarah with five Ss haiku is life.
- Livia the elephant is a precious cinnamon roll who must be protected for eternity.
- The griffins deserved better.
- What was with the whole Jamie-lightning-thing? I DEMAND ANSWERS!
- Leonidas. Guys. Leonidas.
- “Lester, most worthless of teens” : I fell off the bed at that part too. Can somebody record this as an actual song?
- Okay but the blue tator tots.
- Festus the dragon/suitcase who defies all laws of physics.
- THE ENDING.
If you guys haven’t read it (In which case, I just feel bad for spoiling a great many things for you), I highly recommend you read it.